Dentistry & Oral Surgery
Preserving Your Smile ! Dentistry usually encompasses very important practices related to the oral cavity. Oral diseases are major public health problems due to their high incidence and prevalence across the globe. No one understands dental pain better than the experts at NBNC Emergency Centre. Our hospital offers state of the art Dental Clinic specializing in Periodontology, salve Prosthodontics, Implantology and Aesthetic Dentistry.
Want to know more? Scroll Down
Endodontics Endodontics is a specialty of dentistry that deals with the tooth pulp and tissues surrounding the root of a tooth. The pulp (containing nerves, blood and lymph vessels) can become diseased or injured and thus unable to repair itself. The pulp then dies and endodontic treatment is required. The most common procedure done in Endodontics is Root-Canal Therapy, which involves the removal of diseased pulp tissue. The aim of treatment is to remove infection caused by bacteria from inside the tooth. If left, the infection would leak out of the tooth’s root and make the surrounding bone ill and painful as well as other possible health consequences.
Prosthodontics Prosthodontics is the dental specialty dealing with the prosthetic restoration of missing teeth and associated head and neck structures. Prosthodontists specialize in the restoration of oral function by creating prostheses and restorations (i.e. complete dentures, crowns, implant retained/supported restorations).
Fillings Dental fillings are used to restore small defects in teeth where most of the tooth is still intact and has strength. At NBNC, we use the latest technology of Composite Fillings. Composite resins are tooth-colored materials made of glass and resin that are used both as fillings and to repair defects in the teeth. Because they are tooth-colored, it is difficult to distinguish them from natural teeth. Composites are often used on the front teeth where a natural appearance is important. They can be used on the back teeth as well depending on the location and extent of the tooth decay.
Dental Restorations Restorations are needed to replace or restore missing teeth or missing parts of the tooth structure. Tooth structure can be missing due to decay, deterioration of a previously placed restoration or fracture of a tooth.
Examples of restorations include the following:
1. Fillings – Teeth can be filled with gold, silver amalgam, or tooth-colored, plastic and glass materials called composite resin fillings.
2. Crowns – Tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over a tooth to restore its shape and size, strength, appearance, to hold a bridge in place or cover a dental implant.
3. Bridges – False teeth designed to “bridge” the gap created by missing teeth. Bridges can be anchored on either side by crowns and cemented permanently into place.
4. Implants – Small post made of metal (titanium) placed into the bone socket where teeth are missing. The implant is covered with a replacement tooth called a crown.
5. Dentures – Removable replacement for missing teeth. They are made of acrylic resin sometimes combined with metal attachments. Complete dentures replace all the teeth; partial dentures are considered when some natural teeth remain and are retained by metal clasps attached to the natural teeth.
Minor Oral Surgery Minor oral surgeries conducted at NBNC include
• Oroantral communication
• Third molar Surgery
• Preprosthetic Surgery
• Surgery of various Odontogenic Tumours & its Reconstruction
• Surgery & Management of Temporo mandibular joint disorders
• Orthognathic Surgery
• Management of severe fascial space infections of the oro-facial region.
Cosmetic / Esthetic Dentistry Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
Cosmetic dentistry may involve:
• Addition of a dental material to teeth or gums – examples: Bonding, Porcelain Veneers (Laminates), Crowns (Caps), Gum Grafts
• Removal of tooth structure or gums – examples: Enameloplasty, Gingivectomy
• Teeth whitening (bleaching), Gum Depigmentation
• Straightening of teeth accompanied by improvement in appearance of face – Orthodontics
Oral Wellness The best method of maintaining oral health is to prevent problems before they occur. Regular visits to your dentist are a sure way to avoid these potentially serious infections as well as maintaining your smile. If you have gum or any other oral disease, there is even more reason to visit your professional. He or she can help you eliminate these infections, which are not only a problem for your teeth, but impact your overall health!
cialis 20mg price comparison